The Top Five Reasons You Shouldn't Read Classics


The reason that I came up with today's post title is because I have been reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand for the past week and I am only one-quarter of the way through! That means that it will be several weeks before I can write a review. So should my blog just sit here unattended while I finish? The answer is my (obviously) tongue and cheek list below which answers this post's title -

The Top Five Reasons You Shouldn't Read Classics is:

1) most of them are so bloody thick they take forever to read

2) the font is too small

3) because the font is so small it takes even longer to read

4) too much detail describing the setting etc - come on people, get on with the story!

5) that damn omniscient third person narrator perspective sounds smug after awhile


Stay tuned for my next post which I'm sure will extol the virtues of the classics. After all, I'm sure The Fountainhead has stood the test of time for a reason!

Comments

Popular Posts